TCCW Scholarship Opportunity
The Transfiguration Council of Catholic Women (TCCW) is committed to supporting the continued education of a Catholic woman as she embraces our mission of spirituality, leadership and service. In keeping with our mission, the TCCW is offering a scholarship of a one-time $1,000 monetary award for a young woman graduating high school and furthering her education, and who is also a member of Transfiguration Catholic Church. The $1000 award is given as a $900 scholarship and $100 designated to the winner’s charity of choice.
This scholarship is available for female high school seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Maintains a B average in high school
- Participates in extracurricular activities: church/community/school
- Uses the award for furthering her education at a college or university, trade school, or in Catholic missionary work
- Submits her latest high school transcript
- Attaches a 300 word or fewer essay entitled; “How being Catholic has helped me develop in the areas of spirituality, leadership and service.”
- Submits one letter of recommendation from her teacher, principal, counselor, youth minister or other non-family member which should have a description of the applicant’s personal traits, character, and initiative
- Mails essay, transcript, letter of recommendation and signed application with a postmark no later than February 1st to:
Transfiguration Catholic Church
Council of Catholic Women
6133 15th Street North
Oakdale, MN 55128
The scholarship will be paid directly to the school of the participant’s choice upon acceptance. The winner of the scholarship will be formally presented with the award and be our guest of honor at our annual Madonna Dinner in spring.